The Canadian Government is assisting victims of the November 2010 Cambodia Water Festival Disaster by an emergency Candaa Fund grant through Rose Charities Cambodia Surgical Center / Operation First Cambodia. Over 400 persons lost their lives in a stampede over a small footbridge linking an island in the Tonle Sap river just offshore from Phnom Penh, and the mainland. In addition many persons were injured and need medical, surgical and rehabilitative assistance. Cambodia Surgical Center which is run by Operation First at Chea Chumneas Hospital houses some of Cambodia’s leading surgical facilities in Camboida as well as a international standard physiotherapy unit. It is anticipated that several hundred survivors are in current need of assistance and will be helped by Canadian generosity.
- 8th Rose Charities International Meeting: Uganda: April 2016. Education and Community Health
- Advanced Rose NZ Retinal surgical training team visit Rose Cambodia Eye Hospital
- New operating microscope from NZ for Rose Sight Center.
- Unsung Heroes Cambodia: a new book !
- Rose Charities New Zealand Newsletter very focused on Cambodia